Saturday 21 January 2012

Citizen Independent 1481010 neophilia yellow - D510

Here is the first from my Citizen Independent 1481010 collection - the neophilia (yellow).
The definition of neophilia is a tendency to like anything new, or a love of novelty. So by that definition, my watch collecting habits definitely make me a neophiliac!

The neophilia is one of a number of different designs released under the 1481010 banner between 1997 and 2003 mainly in Japan. For more info on the 1481010 brand, see  http://whichwatchtoday.blogspot.com/p/citizen-independent-1481010-overview.html

This watch has a mirrored inverse LCD which by default shows the seconds. When the time button is pressed, the display changes to a 3 line standard display, which only turns back when the watch has remained still for a set time. The neophilia also has a chronograph, timer and alarm setting.

The full model number for this watch is D510-S90887



4 comments:

  1. I have one if these!!! Can't find any info online anywhere about it other than from what you've said. Do you know a value??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..I was mistaken, I have this but it's an ignis much like the Neophilia Jonathan Barnbrook + Beams Works D501, but it's got a specific engraving instead it's Toyota Somos No. 1 2001.2.19
    I feel it's like they mashed this and the D501 to make this rare(?) Edition of my watch, but I can not find ANY info on this thing ANYWHERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this post is old, but what kind of battery does the D510 module use? Mine is dead and the local watchshop cant seem to find it.
    I would be most thankful if you, by any chance, would answer this question.

    Best Regards.
    Regis

    ReplyDelete