Wednesday 14 November 2012

Bandai Alarm Tokima Silver

If I've been keeping track of my posts, today marks the 300th watch I've posted.

To mark this occasion, I'm blogging another Bandai Tokima watch. I had planned to wear the watch as well, but unfortunately the straps of these watches suffer from the brittle strap problem as the plastic ages, so it's too fragile to use (with the original strap).

The Tokima robot watches were originally released in 1983 by Bandai. After a year, Bandai released two new versions; the Aquaboy, and this one, the Alarm Tokima.

The Digirobo Alarm Tokima is slightly different in style than the other two with a head that pops out of the body rather than being the cover for the LCD display. To see the display, you press a small button on the bottom in front of the legs and the front panel flips open.

To turn the watch into a robot, you first take it from the strap by squeezing the buttons on either side. To make the transformation, you pull down the legs and the arms and head pop out. In order to return the robot back to the watch, you push in the feet first, and then the arms and head will latch in.

As the name suggests, this has a more complex module than the other Tokimas as it includes an alarm as well as the time, date, and seconds displays.

More can be found on the Tokima watch range in my overview page: link







Inside view of module

1 comment:

  1. Hi hi. I found one of these in my garden in Auckland in the late 1980s. I still have it. Are they worth anything?

    ReplyDelete